Fiber optic networks continues to multiply exponentially and in several regions 1 every two homes already has an FTTH connection. Everyone has a Fiber Optic offer…but not all offers are created equal…
Immediacy and Reliability are the new name of the game…but operators cannot keep up with demand, building out next generation infrastructure, winning new customers, and staying ahead of the game when it comes to resolving customer problems. Fiber optic bandwidth problems at 300Mbp/s mean having the ability to resolve traffic issues in an instant, even before they cause an issue in network traffic…
Because once a problem happens — it takes customer service too long to respond.
Telco’s are losing business, losing customers everyday due to poor quality of experience, cheaper offers, they need to improve their ability to monitor the performance of the Services provided to keep their customers satisfy and, more important, loyal (reducing the churn rate).
The cost of “Churn” in an operator’s business due to bad user experience is above 700 million USD/ per year only in the United States.
GPONDoctor QoE probe is an innovative Quality of Experience solution to help telco operators around the world reduce wasted time and money spent on customer service. It is a “Hardware device” that supervises all the information received from the Telecom operators and identifies and deviation that could impact on the optimum reception of all multimedia content.
What it makes it unique, innovative and difficult to copy is the “power” of its Hardware that analyzes all data at almost line speed.
- Bandwidth Meter. Provides in real time, accurate measurements on Bandwidth consumption for Quality of Experience tracking. Bandwidth meter options are:
- Per user, tracking all the Bandwidth consumed in Upstream/Downstream
- Per service, with meters for IPTV, VoIP, High Speed Internet
- Per PON, with meters for the aggregated consumption of all users within this PON port
- PON Inventory information: Collecting all information on the Users (ONU ID, Serial Number, Password, Encryption Key, Equalization delay, OMCI port, State) and on the PON port they are connected to (PON ID, Class, OLT power level, RE power)
- Customer Services information: Logical Connections, Bandwidth assignments, Type of Service.
- Alarms on events: ONU deactivation, Loss of Signal/Frame/Multiframe, Errors found (CRC, FEC or BIP)
- Real Time Data Extraction: Allows clear-text user traffic extraction in real-time for both upstream and downstream. The traffic is extracted at Ethernet Layer. This traffic can be further tested by Upper Layer Protocol Testers, either externally or by a Software Network Protocol Tester installed within the GPON Doctor™.
The unique features of GPON Doctor™ enable its use as a Professional Test tool and can be used to provide the following services:
- Quality of Experience Monitor.The QoE probe will monitor and detect deviations from the optimum service provision and inform the network management system so that is can provide the appropriate corrective measures.
- Real time Bandwidth Consumption Monitoring. By identifying real bandwidth consumption in life, allows every Network Supervisor to identify any deviation from optimum performance as fast as it happens. Furthermore, with its real time user traffic extraction, it is possible to supervise every service behavior per customer.
- PON Settings Validation. An excellent tool to check the correct configuration of all network elements within the PON as well as whether the services are correctly provisioned.
- On the Field Troubleshooting. The most critical part in solving a problem is the identification of the problem itself. The information provided by the probe (error/ warnings, alarms and events) help field technicians to find out and troubleshoot problems within the PON.
Do not miss!!
Check out the QoE probe presentation from our CEO within the Video tab.
Visit also the Download tab with the presentation slides